The Nova-Star Academy
Hey Guys! This is the Nova-Star Academy! Come here, have fun, and enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh.

Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Kaliba on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:47 pm

+1 Vote

Kaliba

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 22
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:39 am

So no Lightsworns? They are the largest milling deck to date ._.

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:42 am

I also don't think that we should be judgmental on the non-metas used. What if someone doesn't run the common Neos E-hero deck and run something that matches Jaydens original deck more? I think it should be judged on how many cards are in it and how it affects the deck consistency itself.

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:45 am

I also believe that this is way to large for it to be an entrance exam. this is more for the elite dorm exam than entrance. And what happens if I, Troll, or you are unavailable when someone is recruited? They can't finish without a wait time.

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Kaliba on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 am

Desara wrote:I also believe that this is way to large for it to be an entrance exam. this is more for the elite dorm exam than entrance. And what happens if I, Troll, or you are unavailable when someone is recruited? They can't finish without a wait time.

So first of all its not just the first for the entrance but every test so its WAY more ^^
They cant finish now without a waiting time as well I had 3 guys to test and I couldnt test a single one because the points system was changing and no puzzle was avaidable.

The banlist is just something more or less actual I took because of decks like six samurai which can destroy nearly all decks with exactly the same strategy.
And as well is this just a suggestion which can be changed a bit ^^

I just want something what works and btw why do we have a Test request room else if it isnt for delays?

The points system is just not balanced atm. I dont believe that 2 tests in a row (1 me, 1 troll) and both are so bad that they dont even get into the lowest dorm.
As well I do find it a bit unfair to get as a amateur tested by one of 3 teachers which should have a entirely other skill level and still they get half of the points just if they win the match. Axel says for example that Troll is there way to hard. So this way its possible to get into a dorm without winning BUT just if your deck is something rather special. A trash deck wont make still.

Kaliba

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 22
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

+1 vote

Post by Xanaver on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:09 am

It seems like it would work and even if it doesn't we're only just starting so we can still change it. So I'm voting for it
avatar
Xanaver

Posts : 27
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-06
Location : USA Georgia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 am

Kaliba wrote:
Desara wrote:I also believe that this is way to large for it to be an entrance exam. this is more for the elite dorm exam than entrance. And what happens if I, Troll, or you are unavailable when someone is recruited? They can't finish without a wait time.

So first of all its not just the first for the entrance but every test so its WAY more ^^
They cant finish now without a waiting time as well I had 3 guys to test and I couldnt test a single one because the points system was changing and no puzzle was avaidable.

The banlist is just something more or less actual I took because of decks like six samurai which can destroy nearly all decks with exactly the same strategy.
And as well is this just a suggestion which can be changed a bit ^^

I just want something what works and btw why do we have a Test request room else if it isnt for delays?

The points system is just not balanced atm. I dont believe that 2 tests in a row (1 me, 1 troll) and both are so bad that they dont even get into the lowest dorm.
As well I do find it a bit unfair to get as a amateur tested by one of 3 teachers which should have a entirely other skill level and still they get half of the points just if they win the match. Axel says for example that Troll is there way to hard. So this way its possible to get into a dorm without winning BUT just if your deck is something rather special. A trash deck wont make still.
and if said student requires a test and I'm not on? Who does he duel? Neutral The sitations are for YOU to make. Do what I do, take it from one of the Yugioh games that uses these puzzles. I thought it was implied as in Yugioh GX, Crowler was to us a test deck to duel anyone who was coming in. However, he used his actual deck. The implication is that to test, you dont use a normal deck. You use a test deck that is mediocre, semi-difficult to beat, and tests the skills of the person being tested.

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Kaliba on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Desara wrote:
and if said student requires a test and I'm not on? Who does he duel? :|The sitations are for YOU to make. Do what I do, take it from one of the Yugioh games that uses these puzzles. I thought it was implied as in Yugioh GX, Crowler was to us a test deck to duel anyone who was coming in. However, he used his actual deck. The implication is that to test, you dont use a normal deck. You use a test deck that is mediocre, semi-difficult to beat, and tests the skills of the person being tested.

That can be for example a Member of the same dorm or a from the Staff chosen tester.
But anyway as it look the system doesnt get used so its not that important.

Kaliba

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 22
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Killua on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:46 pm

Bottom Line Both testing systems suck They take to long to complete.
avatar
Killua

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Kaliba on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Killua wrote:Bottom Line Both testing systems suck They take to long to complete.
Then make a better one ^^

The point of the system I made wasnt the length it takes but to get the right dorm.
Some dude I tested with the old system (before it was edited) would have got just in black winged after the points and I would have put it from feeling at least into archfiend and more like into Stardust . The puzzle just steals to much points if you fail. It makes half of the points and I would just use it maybe as a back up if you have some points less then you need to get into a better dorm.

Kaliba

Posts : 13
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 22
Location : Germany

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Axel on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 pm

true
lets make it 30 points?

Axel
Admin

Posts : 82
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-22

View user profile http://nova-star.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:00 pm

I can have it arranged to that. However, I would need to increase the dueling hy another thirty points which means more categories. I will not have he total be less than a hundred.

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Axel on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:04 pm

Ik it would be dumb. And we only need to add 1. We would have a total of 120 poiints if we added 3 more.

Axel
Admin

Posts : 82
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-22

View user profile http://nova-star.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Well instead of fifty it would be twenty. He thirty points added to the dueling part.

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Killua on Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:44 pm

There's a reason all academys use close to the same testing systems. Its because it's the one that works the best. A simple 2/3 duel allows testing to be quick and easy.
avatar
Killua

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Destoonroo12 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm

I say we keep it to a simple best 2/3 Match

I mean it is the most efficient way to judge a duelist.

Because out of that match we'd be able to evaluate

-How they adapt to situations
-Their decks capabilities
-How they strategize
-How they build their decks,Etc

Card count should not exactly go into the ranking.As I have seen 50 card decks do quite well in CERTAIN instances.

Originality should replace Rarity.As what if someone who ran Heroes actually had an entirely different build than 95% of Hero Players?


Destoonroo12

Posts : 18
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Killua on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:23 pm

^This Also we could add a ruling test if u wanted
avatar
Killua

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Destoonroo12 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:48 pm

Thatd be Great

First Question.Does MST Negate?

Destoonroo12

Posts : 18
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Trolldad213 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:07 pm

Of course MST negates what are you new?
avatar
Trolldad213

Posts : 31
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-01
Age : 19
Location : Western USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Killua on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:11 pm


XD Troll your trolling me
avatar
Killua

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Desara on Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:18 pm

That isn't trolling dude. That's just joking and being a smart arse xD

Desara
Admin

Posts : 73
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Killua on Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Thread locked
avatar
Killua

Posts : 48
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-08-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Maybe the new Rank System POST YOUR OPINION!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum