The Nova-Star Academy
Hey Guys! This is the Nova-Star Academy! Come here, have fun, and enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh.

The Mermail Archetype! The Power of Their Drowning Destruction Will Pull All Opponents Down Under the Waves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Mermail Archetype! The Power of Their Drowning Destruction Will Pull All Opponents Down Under the Waves

Post by Axel on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Well, I'm gonna talk about the mermail archetype. The main strategy for this deck is to get level 7's out, (mostly 2 Mermail Abysmegalos) and bring out a level 7 XYZ, such as Mermail Abyssgaios or Number 11: Big Eye.

Here are the cards. For the first few, I run none of them because I think there are better cards to add.

Mermail Abyssbalaen
Spoiler:

You can discard 4 other "Mermail" monsters to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. When you do: Target cards your opponent controls, up to the number of "Mermail" monsters in your Graveyard (if possible); this card gains 500 ATK, and if it does, destroy those targets (if any). You can Tribute 1 other face-up Attack Position "Mermail" monster; this card gains the following effect this turn.
● At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a Defense Position monster: Destroy that monster.

You should only run at most 1 of this card because its effect is really rare to actually happen. I personally run none.

Mermail Abyssocea
Spoiler:

You can target 1 "Mermail" monster you control; Special Summon any number of Level 4 or lower "Mermail" monsters from your Deck whose combined Levels are less than or equal to the Level of that monster, then send that monster to the Graveyard. You can only use the effect of "Mermail Abyssocea" once per turn.

This is another one of those cards I don't run because there are better ones.
But maybe 1-2 of them could be helpful.

Mermail Abysslung
Spoiler:

Your opponent cannot target face-up WATER monsters for attacks, except this one. All WATER monsters you control gain 300 ATK.

If you guessed I don't have him, you guessed right. I think he is just a waste of deck space.

Mermail Abyssnose
Spoiler:

When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can discard 1 WATER monster to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. You can only use the effect of "Mermail Abyssnose" once per turn.

I don't this card simply because I doubt a 1500 beater will be destroying any monsters.

Mermail Abyssmander
Spoiler:

You can banish this card from your Graveyard to activate 1 of these effects;
• Increase the Level of all "Mermail" monsters you currently control by 1.
• Increase the Level of all "Mermail" monsters you currently control by 2.

Again, I don't run this card.

Now we FINALLY get to the cards I actually run.

Mermail Abysslinde
Spoiler:

If this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Deck, except "Mermail Abysslinde". You can only use the effect of "Mermail Abysslinde" once per turn.

Run 3 no matter what. It can help you out in a tight spot, and more importantly, you should always summon this card when you get abyss sphere. You'll see why later.

I'll finish this later.

Axel
Admin

View user profile http://nova-star.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top